Thursday, October 15, 2009

Romeo and Juliet Monologue

Romeo and Juliet Monologue

This is part of a Romeo and Juliet project I had to do for English in my Freshman year in High School. Here goes:

Oh what a sweet thing it is to be in love with him! He is not like any other boy; there is something different in his stance. He is poised and polite and wonderful! I cannot think of anyone but him, for when I sleep all I dream about is him and when I cannot sleep all I think about is him! But oh, to have his love would be bewitching to my weak mind. To have his hand clasped so desperately in mine would make me faint. I have never experienced such a profound feeling! It is like the daisies in the summer breeze. The way the touch of the wind pronounces them spellbound, and they bow, foever in its service. I say unto you, my dear Romeo, and let it be known that it is the truth. I would happily lay everything down and follow you into the depths of this bitter world! Oh dear, my dear! What I would give! Anything...? Everything...? But why not, if it is for a love so true and divine? If there is anything wrong in my mind, let it be shown to me that I might make it right, and forever be true to my love, my Romeo. Queen Mab depart! For I will not stand for all this being a dream. Oh, it is all but too real! The touch of his kiss, and the warmth of his hands. There is no deceit in that. For I believe in a love so real, and so prominent that nothing can stop it, not even the Montague's or that horrible name which I must bear as my burden, Capulet; take it from me and make his my own. Let him say to me, "Dear Juliet, my stunning bride!" and be no hesitation from his lips. For we are everything that matters in this world, and not even death can take its bitter toll on this love...no, not this love...please, no...not this love.

No comments:

Post a Comment